Asperger Syndrome Employment Workbook
Lieferbar innerhalb von 2-3 Tagen
BeschreibungThis practical manual enables those diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome and high-functioning autism to deepen their self-understanding and appreciate their value as working individuals. The workbook contains practical exercises with clear explanations and examples of how to use them. It provides unique, in-depth guidance and research on productive and fulfilling employment for adults and adolescents with Asperger's Syndrome and high functioning autism.
InhaltsverzeichnisForeword, by Tony Attwood. Introduction. PART ONE: THE ISSUES INVOLVED.
1. Three Jobs.
2. Diagnosis, Disclosure and Self Advocacy.
3. Social Skills.
4. Learning and Work Styles.
5. Interests, Skills and Talents.
6. My Work and Asperger Syndrome.
7. Personal Tools and Strategies.
8. My Wish List. PART TWO: WORKBOOK INSTRUCTIONS. Introduction to this Workbook. 1. Three Jobs. 2. Social Skills. 3. Learning and Work Styles. 4. Interests, Skills and Talents. 5. My Work and Asperger Syndrome. 6. Personal Tools and Strategies. 7. Diagnosis, Disclosure and Self-Advocacy. 8. My Wish List. PART THREE: THE WORKBOOK. 1. Three Jobs. 2. Social Skills. 3. Learning and Work Styles. 4. Interests, Skills and Talents. 5. My Work and Asperger Syndrome. 6. Personal Tools and Strategies. 7. Diagnosis, Disclosure and Self-Advocacy. 8. My Wish List. Appendix 1: Asperger Syndrome Characteristics. Appendix 2: Internet Resources. Bibliography. Index.
PortraitRoger N. Meyer is the executive director of the Portland Asperger Syndrome Research Project. He was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome in 1997. He worked for many years as a cabinet-maker, gaining direct experience as a trainer, writer and individual counsellor. He has recently worked as a parent/student special education advocate and a support group moderator. He is co-author of A Manual for Resolving Group Conflicts and an article on 'Self-determination for people with developmental disabilities and autism' which appeared in the Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders.
Untertitel: An Employment Workbook for Adults with Asperger Syndrome. 67:B&W 6. 69 x 9. 61 in or 244 x 170 mm (Pinched Crown) Perfect Bound on White w/Gloss Lam. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: Jessica Kingsley Publishers, Ltd
Erscheinungsdatum: Januar 2001
Seitenanzahl: 320 Seiten