Autistic Spectrum Disorders in the Early Years
Bisher € 39,69
Lieferbar innerhalb von 2-3 Tagen
Beschreibung'An extremely helpful, compact guide for anyone working in early years education... provides clear information for all professionals who work with children from birth to five with autistic spectrum disorders... A short, accessible and reader-friendly book that addresses the key issues' - Nursery Education
Looking at the early years of a child's life, this book provides information on the services that are available for those from birth to five years, and addresses issues related to identification, assessment, teaching and learning and family support.
It is illustrated with case studies provided by parents and practitioners.
The following areas are discussed:
o the Code of Practice for SEN & the SEN and Disability Discrimination Act
o identification and assessment
o good practice examples of multi-agency collaboration and provision
o partnership with parents
o social skills and behaviour
o alternative intervention and home-based programmes
o the transition from pre-school to school.
Professionals in Health, Social Services and Education, pre-school playgroups, nursery staff, parents and carers will all find this book useful.
The Good Autism Practice (GAP) conference is based on the successful foundations of the Good Autism Practice (GAP) journal, which provides a platform for acknowledging and sharing good practice in autism.
Inhaltsverzeichnis1. The Code of Practice for SEN - explaining the graduated response, the systems in education, the role of the SENc in the Early Years
2. The SEN and Disability Discrimination Act (2002)- how it impacts on the rights of individuals with ASD and their families.
3. Identification and Assessment- issues around diagnosis, assessment tools and monitoring progress.
4. Family relationships- how a child with ASD will impact on family dynamics- advice for parents and siblings
5. Roles and Responsibilities of Early Years Practioners- psychologists, G.Ps, health visitors, CAMHS, education, play groups, social services etc
6. Service Provision - good practice examples of multi-agency colloboration in service provision from health, social services, PPA and education
7. Partnership with Parents- the role of the voluntary sector, parent partnership shemes, family support groups, health, social services and education
8. Social Skills Training- personal hygiene, feeding, language and communication
9. Managing Behaviour- finding the triggers, using the right strategies, creating a stress free environment
10. Community Involvement- helping young children to cope in the outside world, leisure, shopping, local playgroup, nursery etc
11. Alternative Intervention and Home-Based Programmes- an objective overview of what's available
12. The Transition from School to Pre-School Services
Pressestimmen'An extremely helpful, compact guide for anyone working in early years education... provides clear information for all professionals who work with children from birth to five with autistic spectrum disorders... A short, accessible and reader-friendly book that addresses the key issues' - Nursery Education
Untertitel: 49:B&W 6. 14 x 9. 21 in or 234 x 156 mm (Royal 8vo) Perfect Bound on White w/Gloss Lam. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: SAGE Publications Ltd
Erscheinungsdatum: Januar 2007
Seitenanzahl: 98 Seiten