Connecting with Your Asperger Partner: Negotiating the Maze of Intimacy
Lieferbar innert 2 Wochen
BeschreibungDrawing on her experience of being married to a man with AS, Weston shows that the road to intimacy begins with letting go of expectations and looking after your own emotional needs. She provides strategies for connecting with your AS partner, tips for coping with hurtful words and meltdowns, and finding further sources of help and support.
InhaltsverzeichnisAcknowledgements. Foreword by Tony Attwood. About this Book. Helpful Hints.
1. Two Steps Forward, One Step Back.
2. "Letting Go of Expectations".
3. Maintaining Your "Energy Cup".
4. Does a Diagnosis Help?
5. Letting Go of Control.
6. Communication Strategies.
7. Helping Your Partner Interpret Emotions.
8. Surviving Blunt and Harsh Words.
9. Coping with Meltdowns.
10. Regaining Your Identity.
11. Beginning to Reconnect.
12. Connecting Intimately.
13. The Importance of a Support Group.
14. Entering Into the Aspie's World.
15. The Unique Partnership. Afterword. Bibliography. Index.
PortraitLouise Weston is a Registered Nurse from Queensland, Australia. She was the former co-ordinator of a monthly support group for NT partners and spouses of individuals with Asperger Syndrome. She has a Bachelor of Nursing degree and a Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training. Louise is happily married to her husband Graham. After they were married in 1999, Graham was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome. His diagnosis was inspirational in writing this book.
Untertitel: Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: JESSICA KINGSLEY PUBL INC
Erscheinungsdatum: September 2010
Seitenanzahl: 203 Seiten