Bisher € 23,49
Lieferbar innert 2 Wochen
BeschreibungNurturing Attachments combines the experience and wisdom of parents and carers with that of professionals to provide support and practical guidance for foster and adoptive parents looking after children with insecure attachment relationships. It gives an overview of attachment theory and a step-by-step model of parenting.
Section 1: Attachment Theory.
1. Overview of Attachment Theory.
2. Attachment Theory: Caregiving and Its Impact on Attachment and Exploration.
3. Attachment Theory: Patterns of Attachment.
4. Difficulties in Development: The Impact of Loss and Trauma.
5. Parenting Children with Attachment Difficulties. Experiencing Relationships as Secure.
6. Parenting and Patterns of Attachment.
Section 2: A Model for Parenting the Child with Difficulties in Attachment Relationships: Providing a Secure Base.
7. Introduction to the Model and Creating a Secure Base.
8. Empathy and Support from the Secure Base.
9. Attunement and Empathy.
10. Protecting the Family Atmosphere and the Development of Emotional Regulation.
11. Creating a Feeling of Belonging for the Child.
12. Looking after Yourself.
Section 3: A Model for Parenting the Child with Difficulties in Attachment Relationships: Building Relationships and Managing Behaviour.
13. Helping the child to enjoy being part of the family.
14. Learning to Parent with PACE and Building Relationships with Stories.
15. Providing Structure and Supervision.
16. Managing Confrontation and Coercive Interactions.
17. Thinking, Feeling and Behavioural Choices.
18. Managing Special Difficulties: Lying, Stealing and Self Harm.
19. Conclusion. References. Glossary. Reading list. Subject index. Author index.
PortraitKim S. Golding, MSc Clinical Psychology, DClinPsy, previously worked as a clinical psychologist at The Park Hospital for Children, Oxford, UK, and was an Associate Lecturer at the Open University, UK. She is currently a clinical psychologist with the Integrated Service for Looked After and Adopted Children (ISL) in Worcester, UK.
Untertitel: Supporting Children Who are Fostered or Adopted. 10 illustrations. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
Erscheinungsdatum: Dezember 2007
Seitenanzahl: 240 Seiten