The Lexis Companion: A Concise Guide to Effective Searching
Besorgung - Lieferbarkeit unbestimmt
BeschreibungThe LEXIS® Companion is a practical guide to efficient andcost-effective searching for busy attorneys, paralegals, and others who need current andcomplete legal information. It provides step-by-step instructions on how to useLEXIS with a minimum of effort for a maximum return on your time and money.Starting with an orientation and sample research session, the book moves on tocover:
- the basics of document retrieval, including entering and editing commands,retrieving documents by citation, and searching with terms and connectors ornatural language
- fine-tuning your search with date restrictions and segments
- displaying, browsing, printing, and storing the documents you've found
- updating, verifying, and expanding your research using the array of citatorsavailable on LEXIS
- money saving search tips and strategies, and much more.
PortraitJean Sinclair McKnight is an assistant professor at Southern IllinoisUniversity School of Law, where she teaches legal research classes, includingLEXIS and Westlaw instruction. She has a law degree and a master's degree inlibrary science, and is the author of Legal Research in NorthCarolina. 0201483351AB04062001
Untertitel: Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: ADDISON WESLEY PUB CO INC
Erscheinungsdatum: September 1995
Seitenanzahl: 304 Seiten