A Guide to New Testament Greek
Lieferbar innerhalb von 2-3 Tagen
BeschreibungThe fundamental distinctive of this textbook is its spiral, rather than linear, methodology of teaching the Greek language. The student is introduced to all the essential grammar quite rapidly in order to develop an overall understanding of the structure of the language. The grammatical details, which cannot be fully mastered in the initial overview, are revisited in succeeding lessons to fill in gaps of understanding and to build memory. Much time is devoted to reading and analyzing Greek text; thus reinforcing grammatical learning with practical experience. This stands in contrast to the linear method, found in most Greek textbooks, which takes a slower approach by spreading exposure to the grammar over the whole learning period, but then suffers from a lack of sufficient practise in Greek text. The structure of this textbook needs to be understood from the perspective of its teaching methodology. In addition to the spiral methodology, this textbook offers a number of useful paedogogical features.
* Clear advice on the most important learning at every stage.
* Immediate use of the Greek New Testament text.
* Focus on transfer of learning rather than excessive memorization.
* Explanation of English grammar at relevant points.
* Special techniques and descriptions to aid learning.
* Vocabulary learning based on word frequency.
* Adaptability to various course structures.
This book offers a fresh methodology to teaching Greek, born of much experience and success in the classroom. It blends deductive and inductive instruction together efficiently to make learning Greek manageable and enjoyable.
Untertitel: Paperback. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: Clements Publishing
Erscheinungsdatum: Februar 2002
Seitenanzahl: 288 Seiten