Besorgung - Lieferbarkeit unbestimmt
BeschreibungIn 1908, Congress authorized the town site of Parker to be reserved and set apart. The boundaries of the surveyed and platted town site are located within the interior of the Colorado River Indian Reservation, which was established in 1865. The federal government initially intended the town site as the location to create housing for employees of the Arizona and California Railroad Company, which had already begun using the location as a division point. By 1918, funds arising from the sale of town lots were needed for the continued construction of a pumping plant and irrigation project on the reservation. News outlets emphasized the business potential from both mining interests in the area and agricultural development once the reservation lands were open. However, as the test of time has proven, it is the enjoyment of activities on the Colorado River that keep bringing people back to this small desert town.
Untertitel: Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: ARCADIA PUB (SC)
Erscheinungsdatum: Juni 2008
Seitenanzahl: 128 Seiten