Safeguarding Children Across Services: Messages from Research
Besorgung - Lieferbarkeit unbestimmt
BeschreibungBased on the latest research, this book provides today's practitioners and policymakers with an accessible summary of what we currently know about child protection. It explains the forms of abuse, how common they are and their impact before going on to evaluate effective interventions to combat maltreatment.
2. Identification and initial response.
3. Universal and targeted services to prevent the occurrence of maltreatment.
4. Social work interventions to keep children safe.
5. Specific interventions for children and families with additional or complex needs.
6. Providing a context for effective inter-agency practice.
7. Overview: Principal messages and their implications.
Appendix 1. Implementation and advisory group.
Appendix 2. Details of evaluations of specific interventions discussed in Chapter Five.
Appendix 3. Project summaries. References. Index.
PortraitCarolyn Davies is Research Advisor at Thomas Coram Research Unit at Institute of Education, University of London, UK. Harriet Ward is Director of the Centre for Child and Family Research and Research Professor at Loughborough University, UK. Together they are the editors for the Safeguarding Children Across Services series, also published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
Untertitel: 'Safeguarding Children Across S'. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: JESSICA KINGSLEY PUBL INC
Erscheinungsdatum: Oktober 2011
Seitenanzahl: 224 Seiten