Active Directory Best Practices 24seven: Migrating, Designing, and Troubleshooting
Lieferbar innert 2 Wochen
BeschreibungAdvanced Coverage for Experienced Network Administrators
Active Directory Best Practices 24seven is written specifically to build on the practical and conceptual knowledge you've already earned. Taking a "just the facts, ma'am" approach this book provides targeted instruction and insider tips to help you quickly implement the best practices established by successful network administrators across a wide range of industries. This is also an excellent way to make a pain-free transition to the latest release of Active Directory. Coverage includes:
* Building a complete Active Directory-based infrastructure
* Understanding migration options, including the role of Organizational Units
* Configuring domain controllers to support Flexible Single Master Operations
* Understanding how Exchange affects Active Directory design
* Using the new backup and restore options
* Troubleshooting and optimizing the Active Directory database, File Replication Service, and Group Policy
* Setting up and maintaining interoperation between Active Directory and DNS
* Migrating and consolidating Windows NT 4 and Windows 2000-based domains
* Managing patches
* Securing the base operating system before promoting a domain controller
* Securing DNS to protect associated domain controllers
* Working with Active Directory security options
Part 1: Design.
Chapter 1: Active Directory Forest Design.
Chapter 2: Active Directory Domain Design.
Chapter 3: Domain Name System Design.
Chapter 4: Sites, Flexible Single Master Operations, and Global Catalog Design.
Chapter 5: Organizational Unit Design.
Chapter 6: Exchange Design Considerations.
Chapter 7: Hardware Sizing and Placement.
Part 2: Deployment and Migration.
Chapter 8: Deployment.
Chapter 9: Domain Migration and Consolidation.
Chapter 10: NetWare Migration.
Part 3: Maintenance and Administration.
Chapter 11: Backup and Disaster Recovery.
Chapter 12: Optimizing the Active Directory Database.
Chapter 13: Troubleshooting Active Directory Replication.
Chapter 14: Maintaining DNS.
Chapter 15: Troubleshooting the File Replication Service.
Chapter 16: Troubleshooting Logon Failures.
Chapter 17: Troubleshooting FSMO Roles.
Chapter 18: Group Policy.
Part 4: Security in Active Directory.
Chapter 19: Securing the Base Operating System.
Chapter 20: Securing DNS.
Chapter 21: Patch Management.
Chapter 22: Securing Active Directory.
Appendix: Scripting Resources.
PortraitBrad Price, MCSE: Messaging, MCT, has been in the IT field for 15 years. Currently he works as a technical trainer specializing in Active Directory and Exchange Server 2000 and 2003.
Untertitel: '24x7 (Sybex)'. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: SYBEX INC
Erscheinungsdatum: September 2004
Seitenanzahl: 344 Seiten