Game Programming: The L Line, the Express Line to Learning
Lieferbar innert 2 Wochen
BeschreibungGet on the fast track to creating computer games
Ever want to develop your own computer game? Learn the practical concepts of object-oriented programming for game design using Python(r) in this easy-to-follow, content-filled guide. Whether you're a student, aspiring game developer, or veteran programmer, you'll gain skills as you progress from station to station in a series of clear-cut tutorials on different styles of games. The last stop will be a finished game program for you to show off. Start your journey today on The Express Line to Learning and see where it takes you!
* Learn the basics of programming and 2D graphics as you go
* Plan programs, write and test code, and manage data
* Create text-based games, racing games, arcade games, and more
* Add sound, set up scorekeeping, and design avatars
All aboard for valuable online extras
Visit The L Line Web site at www.wiley.com/go/thelline for valuable online supplementary materials:
* Test bank with challenging review questions
* PowerPoint(r) slides with chapter outlines
* Programming code from the book
Along The L Line
* Complete tutorial coverage
* Ample illustrations and examples
* Real-world applications and hints for avoiding pitfalls
* Practice exams that help evaluate your progress
Chapter 1: Writing Your First Program.
Chapter 2: Working with Data.
Chapter 3: Taking Control.
Chapter 4: Building a Game Foundation.
Chapter 5: Drawing and Events.
Chapter 6: Audio and Basic Sprites.
Chapter 7: Building a Working Game.
Chapter 8: Making Animated Sprites.
Chapter 9: Realistic Movement.
Chapter 10: Building a Game Engine.
Appendix A: The Practice Exam Answers.
Appendix B: GameEngine Documentation.
Appendix C: Distributing Modules and Programs.
Appendix D: Creating Graphics and Sound.
Untertitel: New. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: JOHN WILEY & SONS INC
Erscheinungsdatum: Februar 2007
Seitenanzahl: 570 Seiten