The American Medical Association Essential Guide to Hypertension
Bisher € 16,99
Lieferbar innerhalb von 2-3 Tagen
BeschreibungHigh blood pressure, or hypertension, affects about one in four Americans -- but this potentially life-threatening condition can exist virtually without symptoms.
Now, the latest medical advances that can help prevent the damaging effects of hypertension are compiled in a convenient reference under the authority of the American Medical Association. Here is clear, concise information that can help you to:
* Understand all aspects of hypertension: what it is, who is at risk, how it affects the body, and how it is diagnosed
* Learn about your cardiovascular system -- and how your body controls blood pressure
* Discover the treatable causes of hypertension -- from certain physical disorders and illnesses to side effects of common medications
* Safely monitor your blood pressure, with tips for more accurate readings
* Take control of your health with current lifestyle recommendations and nutritional guidelines
* Work with your doctor to maintain a drug therapy program, and select the best treatment options
* Recognize and deal with hypertensive emergencies.
Also included is information about hypertension among pregnant women, African-Americans, children, seniors, and people with diabetes; answers to commonly asked questions; a glossary of related terms; and a directory of addresses and Web sites for up-to-the-minute medical news. You'll find everything you need to help manage your blood pressure in the American Medical Association Essential Guide to Hypertension.
PortraitThe American Medical Association is the nation's largest organization of physicians. Its health-care books for consumers are widely acclaimed for their medical accuracy and sound, practical recommendations.
Untertitel: 1:B&W 5. 5 x 8. 5 in or 216 x 140 mm (Demy 8vo) Perfect Bound on Creme w/Gloss Lam. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: Pocket Books
Erscheinungsdatum: Januar 1998
Seitenanzahl: 242 Seiten