BeschreibungPlease note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. Ospedale del Ceppo is a medieval hospital in Pistoia, Tuscany, central Italy. According to tradition, it was founded in 1277 by the company of Santa Maria or "del Ceppo dei poveri" ("The poor's stump"). In 1345 there were ongoing works for a new cloister, oratory and domus (residence for women). It became the main city's hospital after the donations received in the wake of the Black Death of 1348. Initially given to the cathedral chapter, from 1350 the commune of Pistoia tried to inglobated the company. After the conquest of Pistoia by the Republic of Florence (1401), the Florentine officially confirmed the lay status of the hospital.
Untertitel: Pistoia, Black Death. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: Ord Publishing
Erscheinungsdatum: Oktober 2011
Seitenanzahl: 76 Seiten