The Pack Concept
Sofort lieferbar (Download)
BeschreibungThis book presents some amazing new truths about dealing and communicating with dogs based on behavioural biology. Uli Köppel, a pupil of kynologist Eberhard Trumler, focuses on relationship training for the human-dog team in place of exploitative training. To help us understand the special relationship between humans and dogs, he traces back its origins and discovers the dog as he was meant to be. Through the concept of pack behaviour, he explains that species-appropriate dog training should involve a responsible emotional relationship. This will provide the basis for a successful human-dog relationship.
Inhaltsverzeichnis- Back to the roots: a dog is a dog
- How dogs think
- The developmental stages of the dog, and their meaning regarding training
- Basic building blocks for the human-dog relationship
- Methods employed by the pack, and their uses for species-appropriate dog training
- Form basic training to a viable relationship
- Popular misconceptions regarding the interpretation of behaviour
PortraitUli Köppel is a dog trainer and kynologist. As a long-standing friend and pupil of the renowned dog behaviourist Eberhard Trumler, he has developed the concept of pack behaviour based on Trumler's research. Uli Köppel gives presentations and seminars at home and abroad.
Untertitel: The simple truth about living with dogs. 2008. Auflage. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: Cadmos Publishing
Erscheinungsdatum: Juni 2011
Seitenanzahl: 96 Seiten
Format: epub eBook