Sams Teach Yourself Microsoft® Windows® Vista<sup><small>TM</small></sup> All in One
Sofort lieferbar (Download)
BeschreibungVista is the brave new world of Microsoft Windows computing, and with it, what once was old, is new again. In just a short time, Sams Teach Yourself Windows Vista All in One will have you up and running with this new, must-have Windows operating system.
Using a straightforward, step-by-step approach, each lesson builds upon a real-world foundation forged in both technology and everyday user scenarios, allowing you to learn the essentials of Windows Vista from the ground up. If you're a pro or a newcomer to Windows, you have in your hands the book you need to make the most of Vista with the least effort possible.
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common questions, issues, and tasks, and you'll learn the extra under-the-hood features that enable you to leverage Windows even more.
Learn how to...
• Do more with Windows Vista in less time
• Quickly start using Vista's new user interface like a pro
• Leverage the power of Vista's new Aero graphics
• Keep often-used tools and utilities handy by adding Gadgets to your new Windows Sidebar
• Manage your digital picture library with Windows Photo Gallery
• Utilize Vista's Explorer windows to quickly get to data you need
• Master Vista's new Instant Search feature, so your files no longer get lost in the shuffle
• Use the new Windows Media Player 11 to manage both your music and video collections
• Automate routine Windows tasks so your computer works while you sleep
• Improve security with Vista's state-of-the-art Windows Defender
• Easily optimize your disk's files and folders and configure your home network
• Protect your valuable data with Vista's Backup and Restore Center
• Surf the 'Net with tabbed browsing, manage RSS feeds, and more, using the new Internet Explorer 7
Greg Perry has been a leader in computer education for 20 years, having taught at the college level and written enough books and articles to be called "the most proficient computer author on earth." In addition to writing about computers, he speaks, consults, and writes about other topics including real estate and the government. He and his wife Jayne offer unique training and insights for new and advanced eBay users as well as run an eBay consignment and training business, BidMentor.com, out of their rural, countryside home.
Part I: Introducing Windows Vista
Chapter 1 Welcome to Windows Vista7
Chapter 2 Exploring the Welcome Center 27
Part II: Getting Started with Windows Vista
Chapter 3 Clicking Your Start Button 45
Chapter 4 Starting and Stopping Windows 61
Chapter 5 Managing Your Programs 75
Chapter 6 Taking the Taskbar to Task 85
Chapter 7 Changing Windows Vista's Look 101
Chapter 8 Mastering Vista's Explorer Windows 123
Part III: Working with Windows Vista
Chapter 9 Working...
Untertitel: Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: Pearson Education
Erscheinungsdatum: November 2007
Format: pdf eBook
Kopierschutz: Adobe DRM