BeschreibungThe much-anticipated revision of the second edition of The SAGES Manual: Fundamentals of Laparoscopy, Thoracoscopy, and GI Endoscopy, has been completely restructured, reorganized, and revised.
The Manual has been split into two volumes for better portability. Volume I, Basic Laparoscopy and Endoscopy covers the fundamentals and procedures performed during surgical residency. Volume I will be the first volume used by students, residents, and allied healthcare professional trainees. Material has been added to these fundamentals and procedures that will also be of interest to experienced surgeons.
Volume II, Advanced Laparoscopy and Endoscopy covers more advanced procedures, generally taught during fellowship.
All of the sections have been reorganized with a critical eye to the needs of the modern minimal access surgeon. Two new editors have been added. Chapters have been revised by both new authors as well as many stalwart authors from previous editions.
These portable handbooks cover all of the major laparoscopic and flexible endoscopic procedures in easy-to-read format. Indications, patient preparation, operative techniques, and strategies for avoiding and managing complications are included for the complete spectrum of both "gold standard" and emerging procedures in diagnostic and therapeutic laparoscopy, thoracoscopy, and endoscopy.
The scope, detail, and quality of the contributions confirm and demonstrate the SAGES commitment to surgical education. This manual is sure to find a home in the pocket, locker or briefcase of all gastrointestinal endoscopic surgeons and residents.
InhaltsverzeichnisPart I: Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery
1. Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery: Principles of Patient Selection and Choice of Operation Richard Novak, Jr., Abraham Krikhely, and Marina Kurian
2. Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass: Technique and Outcomes Robert B. Dorman and Sayeed Ikramuddin
3. Laparoscopic Gastric Banding: Technique and Outcomes Brian Smith
4. Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy Gregg H. Jossart
5. Metabolic Effects of Bariatric Surgery Helen M. Heneghan, Shai Meron-Eldar, Stacy A. Brethauer and Philip R. Schauer
6. Requirements and Accreditation for a Bariatric Program Matt Hutter
7. The Role of Endoscopy in Bariatric Surgery Bruce David Schirmer
8. Novel Endoscopic Approaches to Obesity Rabindra R. Watson and Christopher C. Thompson
9. Single Incision Bariatric Surgery: Principles and Techniques Julio A. Teixeira and John N. Afthinos
Part II: Benign and Malignant Esophageal Disease
10. Laparoscopic Treatment of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and Associated Sliding Hiatal Hernia Jeffrey H. Peters
11. Laparoscopic Heller Myotomy and Partial Fundoplication for Esophageal Achalasia Marco Patti, Roberto Gullo, and Brian Bello
12. Laparoscopic Paraesophageal Hernia Repair Nathaniel J. Soper
13. Minimally Invasive Esophagectomy Ninh T. Nguyen and Esteban Varela
14. Robotics in Esophageal Surgery Brendan Marr and W. Scott Melvin
15. Laparoscopic or Endoscopic Management of Esophageal Diverticulum Mark A. Talamini and Garth Jacobsen
16. Endoluminal Approaches to Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) Kevin M. Reavis and Allan K. Nguyen
17. Endoscopic Resection for Barrett's Esophagus with Dysplasia John G. Lee18. Endoscopic Ablative Therapy John Hunter and Erin Gilbert
Part III: Laparoscopic Gastric Surgery: Advanced Procedures 19. Laparoscopic Distal and Subtotal Gastrectomy Alfred Cuschieri
20. Laparoscopic Total Gastrectomy for Cancer Vivian Strong
21. Laparoscopic Resection of Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors Lee L. Swanstrom
Part IV: Solid Organs 22. Laparoscopic Distal Pancreatectomy Jayleen Grams and Barry Salky
23. Laparoscopic Whipple Michel Gagner
24. Laparoscopic Liver Resection Paul D. Hansen and Pippa Newell
25. Laparoscopic Palliation for Pancreatic Cancer Chan W. Park, James A. Dickerson, II, and Aurora D. Pryor
26. Laparoscopic Splenectomy Namir Katkhouda
27. Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy William B. Inabnet, III
28. Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP): General Principles Melissa S. Phillips and Jeffrey A. Marks
29. Therapeutic Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) Brian J. Dunkin
30. Complications of Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) Melissa S. Phillips and Jeffrey M. Marks
Part V: Laparoscopic Colectomy 31. Laparoscopic Ileocecectomy, Small Bowel Resection and Strictureplasty for Crohn's Disease Joanne Favuzza and Conor P. Delaney
32. Laparoscopic Segmental Colectomy Steve Wexner and Marylise Butros
33. Laparoscopic Low Anterior Resection Christopher R. Oxner and Alessio Pigazzi
34. Laparoscopic-Assisted Proctocolectomy with Ileal Pouch-Anal Anastomosis Noelle L. Bertelson and Tonia M. Young-Fadok
35. Laparoscopy for Crohn's Colitis Assar G. Rather and Eric G. Weiss
36. Single Site Laparoscopic Colectomy Joseph C. Carmichael and Michael J. Stamos
37. Colonoscopic Stenting: Indications and Technique Joseph L. Frenkel, Elsa B. Valsdottir, Anthony P. D'Andrea, and John H. Marks
Part VI: Other Adjunct Minimally Invasive Procedures for Gastrointestinal Surgeons 38. Hand-Assisted Laparoscopic Live Donor Nephrectomy Kent W. Kercher
39. Adolescent Bariatric Surgery Marc P. Michalsky and Steven Tiech
From the reviews of the third edition:
'This is the second volume of a book on advanced laparoscopic and endoscopic procedures produced by the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES). ' It describes advanced endoscopic and laparoscopic procedures. ' Senior residents, fellows, and practicing surgeons will find this collection beneficial. The authors are practitioners from North America. ' This manual demonstrates the wisdom of experienced surgeons. ' a worthwhile refresher for experienced practitioners.' (David J. Dries, Doody's Book Reviews, July, 2012)