Beschreibung"Development of novel vaccines" gives an overview of the tasks in basic research leading to the final product - the vaccine and its applications, belonging to the most complex biologics in the pharmaceutical field. Distinct from most textbooks in the vaccine arena, the current issue focuses on the translational aspect, namely, how research results can be transformed into life-saving medical interventions. Each chapter of the book deals with one important paradigm for the development of novel vaccines, along the value chain towards the final vaccine, and furthermore, with the inevitable tools required for this process. Contributions are prepared by teams of scientists, all of whom are experts in the field, most of them anchored in biomedical organizations devoted to translational culture, thereby lighting the certain topics from different views. This volume is a must read for researchers engaged in vaccine development and who really want to see their research results to become a product.
- 1. The immunological fundamentals (Sefik Sanal Alkan).
- 2. Finding protective bacterial antigens (Guido Grandi, Eszter Nagy).
- 3. Enhancing and tailoring the immunogenicity of vaccines with novel adjuvants (Christopher B. Fox, Benjamin Wizel, Steven G. Reed, Derek T. O'Hagan).
- 4. Vaccine Delivery - beyond needles (Flyer).
- 5. Employing live microbes for vaccine delivery (Holger Loessner, Astrid Schwantes, Matthias Hamdorf, Uliana Komor, Sara Leschner, Siegfried Weiss).
- 6. Synthesizing vaccines with microbes (Michael Wacker, Danilo R. Casimiro).
- 7. Purification and formulation: silent but important players in vaccine development (Robert Schlegl, Rainer Hahn).
- 8. Cutting edge approaches towards novel and cross protective influenza vaccines (Ruth Arnon, Tamar Ben-Yedidia).
- 9. Cutting edge approaches towards novel and cross-protective influenza vaccines (Kenny Roose, Michael Schotsaert, Karim El Bakkouri, Bert Schepens, Walter Fiers, Xavier Saelens).
- 10. Examples of novel registered prophylactic vaccines, HPV & JEV (Katrin Dubischar-Kastner, Michelle Vichnin, Carlos Sattler).
- 11. The bumpy road towards vaccine registration - how to overcome regulatory hurdles (Michael Pfleiderer).
Untertitel: Skills, Knowledge and Translational Technologies. 2012. Auflage. Bibliographie. Sprache: Englisch. Dateigröße in MByte: 6.
Verlag: Springer Vienna
Erscheinungsdatum: April 2012
Format: pdf eBook
Kopierschutz: Adobe DRM