BeschreibungThe combination of molecular biology, engineering and bioinformatics has revolutionized our understanding of cancer revealing a tight correlation of the molecular characteristics of the primary tumor in terms of gene expression, structural alterations of the genome, epigenetics and mutations with its propensity to metastasize and to respond to therapy. It is not just one or a few genes, it is the complex alteration of the genome that determines cancer development and progression. Future management of cancer patients will therefore rely on thorough molecular analyses of each single case.
Through this book, students, researchers and oncologists will obtain a comprehensive picture of what the first ten years of cancer genomics have revealed. Experts in the field describe, cancer by cancer, the progress made and its implications for diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of cancer. The deep impact on the clinics and the challenge for future translational research become evident.
1. Genomic Pathology of Lung Cancer.
2. Understanding Melanoma Progression by Gene Expression Signatures
3. Prognostic testing in uveal melanoma
4. Capturing and Deciphering the Molecular Signatures of Head and Neck Cancer
5. Predictive and Prognostic Biomarkers for Colorectal Cancer
6.Expression Profiling of Hepatocellular Carcinoma
7. Kidney Cancer Genomics: Paving the Road to a New Paradigm of Personalized Medicine
8. Pancreatic cancer genomics
9. Breast Cancer Genomics: From Portraits to Landscapes
10. Genomic landscape of ovarian cancer
11. Genetics of Endometrial Carcinoma
12. Usefulness of molecular biology in follicular-derived thyroid tumors - From translationnal research to clinical practice
13. Sarcomas Genetics: From point mutation to complex karyotype, from diagnosis to therapies
14. Novel molecular acquisitions in leukemias
15. Where do we stand in the genomics of lymphomas?
16. The Genomics of Multiple Myeloma and Its Relevance in the Molecular Classification and Risk Stratification of the Disease
Untertitel: Molecular Classification, Prognosis and Response Prediction. 2013. Auflage. 56 schwarz-weiße und 61 farbige Abbildungen, 20 schwarz-weiße Tabellen, Bibliographie. eBook. Sprache: Englisch. Dateigröße in MByte: 10.
Verlag: Springer Netherlands
Erscheinungsdatum: Februar 2013
Format: pdf eBook
Kopierschutz: Adobe DRM