A Comprehensive Guide to Music Therapy
Bisher € 55,49
Lieferbar innerhalb von 2-3 Tagen
BeschreibungMusic therapists have a rich diversity of approaches and methods, often developed with specific relevance to meet the needs of a certain client population. This book reflects the components of such diversity, and is a comprehensive guide to accessing the ideas, theory, research results and clinical outcomes that are the foundations of this field.
1. Introduction to music therapy.
2. Theoretical foundations of music therapy - psychology of music; theory of therapy and psychotherapy; analytical, psychodynamic and transpersonal theories; music as analogy and metaphor.
3. Models and methods of music therapy - the Bonny model; the Priestley model; the Nordoff-Robbins model; the Alvin model; behavioural music therapy; physiological responses to music; music in medicine; music and healing.
4. Music therapy in clinical practice - music therapy with psychiatric clients; music therapy with physically and/or developmentally delayed clients; music therapy with paediatric clients; music therapy for children with communication disorders, by Ulla Holck; music therapy with older adults, by Hanne Mette Ochsner Ridder; music therapy as milieu therapy, social treatment and self-management; music therapy for self-development; international perspectives.
5. Music therapy research and clinical assessment - research in music therapy; development of a research training program; assessment and clinical evaluation; evidence based practice.
6. Music therapy training - the music therapy program at Aalborg university; entrance examinations; musical skills in music therapy; theoretical and analytical studies; experiential training in music therapy; clinical training and placements.
7. Professional and technical resources.
8. Glossary. Bibliography. Contents of Music CD. Contents of CD-ROM. Author biographies. Index.
PortraitTony Wigram was Professor and Head of PhD Studies in Music Therapy at the University of Aalborg, Denmark, Honorary Research Fellow in the Faculty of Music at the University of Melbourne, Australia, and Reader in Music Therapy at Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge, UK. He was Associate Editor of the Nordic Journal of Music Therapy, and a former President of both the European Music Therapy Confederation and the World Federation of Music Therapy. He was also Head Music Therapist at the Harper Children's Service in Hertfordshire, UK, and Research Advisor to Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Trust. Inge Nygaard Pedersen is the head of the Music Therapy Clinic in Aalborg, a centre for treatment and research that is run by the University of Aalborg and Aalborg Psychiatric Hospital. She worked at Aalborg University from 1982-1995 where she created and expanded the MA programme in music therapy. Lars Ole Bonde is an associate professor on the music therapy programme at Aalborg University, having previously been head of PhD studies and associate professor of musicology at the university.
Untertitel: Theory, Clinical Practice, Research and Training. Paperback. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: Jessica Kingsley Publishers, Ltd
Erscheinungsdatum: Januar 2002
Seitenanzahl: 384 Seiten