Image Processing: Principles and Applications
Besorgung - Lieferbarkeit unbestimmt
BeschreibungImage processing-from basics to advanced applications
Learn how to master image processing and compression with this outstanding state-of-the-art reference. From fundamentals to sophisticated applications, Image Processing: Principles and Applications covers multiple topics and provides a fresh perspective on future directions and innovations in the field, including:
* Image transformation techniques, including wavelet transformation and developments
* Image enhancement and restoration, including noise modeling and filtering
* Segmentation schemes, and classification and recognition of objects
* Texture and shape analysis techniques
* Fuzzy set theoretical approaches in image processing, neural networks, etc.
* Content-based image retrieval and image mining
* Biomedical image analysis and interpretation, including biometric algorithms such as face recognition and signature verification
* Remotely sensed images and their applications
* Principles and applications of dynamic scene analysis and moving object detection and tracking
* Fundamentals of image compression, including the JPEG standard and the new JPEG2000 standard
Additional features include problems and solutions with each chapter to help you apply the theory and techniques, as well as bibliographies for researching specialized topics. With its extensive use of examples and illustrative figures, this is a superior title for students and practitioners in computer science, wireless and multimedia communications, and engineering.
2. Image Formation and Representation.
3. Color and Color Imagery.
4. Image Transformation.
5. Discrete Wavelet Transform.
6. Image Enhancement and Restoration.
7. Image Segmentation.
8. Recognition of Image Patterns.
9. Texture and Shape Analysis.
10. Fuzzy Set Theory in Image Processing.
11. Image Mining and Content Based Image Retreival.
12. Biometric And Biomedical Image Processing.
13. Remotely Sensed Multispectral Scene Analysis.
14. Dynamic Scene Analysis: Moving Object Detection and Tracking.
15. Introduction to Image Compression.
16. JPEG: Still Image Compression Standard.
17. JPEG2000 Standard.
18. Coding Algorithms in JPEG2000.
About the Authors.
PortraitTINKU ACHARYA, PhD, is Chief Technology Officer, Avisere, Inc., Tucson, Arizona. Dr. Acharya is also Adjunct Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Arizona State University. He is the inventor of ninety-seven awarded U.S. and European patents and coauthor of Data Mining: Multimedia, Soft Computing, and Bioinformatics (Wiley), Information Technology, and JPEG2000 Standard for Image Compression: Concepts, Algorithms, and VLSI Architectures (Wiley).AJOY K. RAY, PhD, is Senior Corporate Research Scientist, Avisere, Inc., Arizona, and a Professor of Electronics and Electrical Communication Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. A distinguished teacher with twenty-five years of experience, Professor Ray has coauthored two other books, Advanced Microprocessors and Peripherals and Information Technology: Principles and Applications. In addition, he has published extensively in international journals.
Pressestimmen"The avowed aim of this book is to describe both modern and older techniques in image processing in an introductory textbook. This is a very real need, and this book is certainly useful for this purpose..." (Computing Reviews.com, December 20, 2005) "...suitable for use as a text in a formal setting, or for the individual..." (Books-On-Line.com)
Untertitel: Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: JOHN WILEY & SONS INC
Erscheinungsdatum: August 2005
Seitenanzahl: 428 Seiten