Basic Lighting Worktext for Film and Video
Lieferbar innert 2 Wochen
BeschreibungFrom this book, you will learn:
* The fundamentals of light and electricity in film
* The fine distinction of lighting for video versus lighting for film
* How to identify and filter sources such as daylight, tungsten, fluorescent, arc, HNI and industrial discharge lamps
* The use of lensed and open-faced lighting fixtures
* How to modify with barndoors, scrims, snoots, nets, cookies, and other accessories
* Variations on the basic three-point lighting setup
* The duties of each member of a lighting unit
* How to light night exteriors, day interiors, and campfires
* High-key, low-key, and modulated value lighting
* How to scout locations, plan lighting, plots, and pre-rig sets
InhaltsverzeichnisPreface; The visible spectrum; Film and exposure; Using electricity; Video, the electronic media; Controlling colour temperature; Controlling light quality; Measuring light intensity; Manipulating light; Lighting concepts in practice; Lighting in the studio; Lighting on location; Appendices; Glossary; Bibliography.
PortraitRichard Ferncase is an award-winning photographer and filmmaker. He has served as associate professor at the School of Film and Television at Chapman University in Orange, California since 1986. He is the author of three books, Basic Lighting Worktext for Film & Video, Film and Video Lighting Terms and Concepts, and a monograph on off-Hollywood specialty films entitled Outsider Features (Greenwood).
Untertitel: black & white illustrations. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Erscheinungsdatum: Mai 1992
Seitenanzahl: 126 Seiten