The Reproduction of Colour
Bisher € 179,99
Lieferbar innert 2 Wochen
BeschreibungCompletely revised and updated, this book has become a standard work in this area and is widely used as a basis for lectures in universities and specialist institutions. Includes information on the latest digital and printing technologies and is illustrated with many new photographs and diagrams. Divided into six parts, the book presents the foundations of colour imaging and colour reproduction before going on to discuss how these basic principles can be applied to photography, television, printing and digital imaging. The final part deals with the evaluation of colour appearance. The Reproduction of Colour presents a tried-and-tested balance of theory and practical application, which will appeal to both students and practicing engineers. * Describes the fundamental principles of colour reproduction for photography, television, printing and electronic imaging. * Provides detailed coverage of the physics of light and the chemistry of colorants. * Includes new chapters on digital printing and digital imaging discussing colour reproduction on HDTV and digital cinema systems. * Features expanded coverage of the evaluation of colour appearance, including a detailed treatment of colour appearance models and the colour inconstancy index.
PART ONE. FUNDAMENTALS.
1. SPECTRAL COLOUR REPRODUCTION.
2. TRICHROMATIC COLOUR REPRODUCTION AND THE ADDITIVE PRINCIPLE.
3. ADDITIVE METHOD.
4. THE SUBTRACTIVE PRINCIPLE.
5. VISUAL APPRECIATION.
6. TONE REPRODUCTION.
7. THE COLOUR TRIANGLE.
8. COLOUR STANDARDS AND CALCULATIONS.
9. THE COLORIMETRY OF SUBTRACTIVE SYSTEMS.
10. LIGHT SOURCES.
11. OBJECTIVES IN COLOUR REPRODUCTION.
PART TWO. COLOUR PHOTOGRAPHY.
12. SUBTRACTIVE METHODS IN COLOUR PHOTOGRAPHY.
13. REFLECTION PRINTS IN COLOUR.
14. QUANTITATIVE COLOUR PHOTOGRAPHY.
15. MASKING AND COLOURED COUPLERS.
16. PRINTING COLOUR NEGATIVES.
17. THE CHEMISTRY OF COLOUR PHOTOGRAPHY.
18. IMAGE STRUCTURE IN COLOUR PHOTOGRAPHY.
PART THREE. COLOUR TELEVISION.
19. THE TRANSMISSION OF COLOUR TELEVISION SIGNALS.
20. ELECTRONIC CAMERAS.
21. DISPLAY DEVICES FOR COLOUR TELEVISION.
22. THE N.T.S.C. AND SIMILAR SYSTEMS OF COLOUR TELEVISION.
23. THE USE OF COLOUR FILM IN COLOUR TELEVISION.
24. VIDEO CASSETTES.
25. PICTURES FROM COMPUTERS.
PART FOUR. COLOUR PRINTING.
26. PHOTOMECHANICAL PRINCIPLES.
27. PREPARING THE COPY AND CHECKING THE RESULTS.
28. PRACTICAL MASKING IN MAKING SEPARATIONS.
29. COLOUR SCANNERS.
PART FIVE. DIGITAL IMAGING.
30. BIT REQUIREMENTS.
31. CAMCORDERS AND DIGITAL STILL CAMERAS.
32. DIGITAL SCANNERS.
33. DIGITAL PRINTING.
PART SIX. EVALUATING COLOUR APPEARANCE.
34. CHROMATIC ADAPTATION TRANSFORMS AND A COLOUR INCONSTANCY INDEX.
35. CIECAM97s MODEL OF COLOUR APPEARANCE.
36. MODELS OF COLOUR VISION FOR COMPREHENSIVE PURPOSES AND FOR UNRELATED COLOURS.
37. COLOUR REPRODUCTION INDICES.
APPENDIX 1. MATRIX ALGEBRA.
APPENDIX 2. COLORIMETRIC TABLES.
APPENDIX 3. PHOTOMETRIC UNITS.
APPENDIX 4. PHOTOGRAPHIC PARAMETERS.
APPENDIX 5. ADVANCED COLOUR DIFFERENCE FORMULAE.
APPENDIX 6. A REPLACEMENT FOR CIECAM97S.
PortraitRobert Hunt, formerly Assistant Director of Research, Kodak Research Laboratories in Harrow, England, is an independent colour consultant and visiting Professor of Colour Science at the University of Derby. He has been Chairman of the Colour Group of Great Britain (1961-63); Chairman of the Colorimetry Committee of the CIE (1975-83); and President of the International Colour Association (1981-85). He has written over a hundred papers on colour, vision, colour reproduction, and colour measurement. He is an Honorary Fellow of the Royal Photographic Society and a member of the Royal Institution where he served as Vice-President (1985-87). He has been awarded the Progress Medal of the Royal Photographic Society, the Judd-AIC Medal of the International Colour Association, and the Gold Medal of the Institute of Printing.
Pressestimmen"Hunt's ability to transmit complex technical information in a communicable, easy reading manner is to be applauded...will make a difference n the careers of scientists, engineers, color developers, and color technologists, who undertake to study and learn from it." (COLOR research and application, December 2005) "...a standard...[that] is widely used in research, teaching, and lecturing." (CHOICE, July 2005)
Untertitel: 'Wiley-IS&T Series in Imaging S'. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: JOHN WILEY & SONS INC
Erscheinungsdatum: November 2004
Seitenanzahl: 702 Seiten