Zinc and Diseases of the Digestive Tract
Bisher € 180,99
Lieferbar innerhalb von 1-2 Wochen
BeschreibungZinc has an important role in human physiology due to its involvement in numerous enzymatic reactions and its other functions as part of hormones and structural proteins. As a consequence a wide variety of symptoms may occur in different states of zinc deficiency. Several diseases of the digestive tract can lead to zinc deficiency and consequently to deficiency symptoms. This book, the proceedings of an International Falk Workshop held in Freiburg, Germany, on 27 October 1996, aims at a dialogue between basic researchers and gastroenterologists in order to improve the understanding of the role of zinc in disorders of the digestive tract. Based on lectures on the role of zinc in cell biology, the pathophysiology of zinc deficiency and consequently the possibilities of zinc substitution in these disorders is discussed. It is hoped that this book will initiate fruitful discussions and collaborations leading to a better knowledge of the role of this trace element in gastroenterology.
Section I: Metabolism and Functions of Zinc.
1. Basic principles of zinc metabolism; J.D. Kruse-Jarres.
2. Intestinal absorption of zinc; B. Lönnderdal.
3. Zinc deficiency; P.J. Aggett.
4. Zinc, the immune and endocrine system, and aging; N. Fabris.
Section II: Experimental and Clinical Data.
5. The role of zinc in hepatic encephalopathy; O. Riggio, P. Fiore.
6. Experimental effects of zinc in liver and gut; A. Parés, et al.
7. Zinc and immune function in Crohn's disease; R.P.H. Thompson.
8. Zinc, cytokines and liver disease; C.J. McClain, et al.
Section III: Clinical Findings and Therapeutic Effects.
9. Zinc and the stomach; anti-ulcer activity of zinc compounds; K.D. Rainsford.
10. Zinc in the treatment of diarrhea and chronic intestinal disorders; C. Folwaczny.
11. Zinc treatment in chronic liver diseases; K. Grüngreiff, D. Reinhold.
12. Zinc in the treatment of Wilson's disease; P. Ferenci. Index.
Untertitel: 'Falk Symposium'. 1997. Auflage. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: SPRINGER VERLAG GMBH
Erscheinungsdatum: Juni 1997
Seitenanzahl: 128 Seiten