Fundamentals of Parallel Processing
Besorgung - Lieferbarkeit unbestimmt
BeschreibungThis unique book provides comprehensive coverage of the crucial fundamental concepts of parallel processing. The authors also introduce the integration of parallel architecture, algorithms, and language to provide insight into designing and implementing parallel applications. This book is suitable for advanced courses on the principles of parallel processing and is also a superb professional reference. Beneficial Features:
- Presents subjects by integrating algorithms, languages, and architectures.
- Clearly explains performance analysis and implications resulting from influences of the three components.
- Guides readers with thought-provoking questions at the beginning of each chapter.
- A Offers numerous examples to clarify difficult concepts.
- Helps students implement their learning with 141 end-of-chapter problems.
- A Conveys performance implications of each new topic with consistent integration of algorithms, languages, and architectures throughout the text.
Inhaltsverzeichnis1. Parallel Machines and Computations.
2. Potential for Parallel Computations.
3. Vector Algorithms and Architectures.
4. MIMD Computers and Multiprocessors.
5. Distributed Memory Multiprocessors.
6. Interconnection Networks.
7. Data Dependence and Parallelism.
8. Implementing Synchronization and Data Sharing.
9. Parallel Processor Performance.
10. Temporal Behavior of Parallel Programs.
11. Parallel I/O.
Appendix A. Routines of the MPI Message Passing Library.
Appendix B. Synchronization Mechanisms.
PortraitHarry F. Jordan received the Ph.D. from the University of Illinois. He has been with the University of Colorado at Boulder since 1966 and is now a professor in the Departments of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Computer Science. Professor Jordan's interests in computer systems center on the interface between hardware and software, including supercomputers, multi-processor architecture, and optical computing. Gita Alaghband received the Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering (1986) from the University of Colorado at Boulder. Currently, she is a professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Colorado at Denver. Dr. Alaghband's research interests in parallel processing include computer architecture, performance evaluation, simulation, application programs, and algorithm designs.
Untertitel: Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: PRENTICE HALL
Erscheinungsdatum: August 2002
Seitenanzahl: 536 Seiten