International Logistics: Global Supply Chain Management
Lieferbar innerhalb von 2-3 Tagen
BeschreibungStudents of logistics, transportation, and supply chain management, as well as international managers will find International Logistics: Global Supply Chain Management an essential reference for understanding how cargo is moved around the world. A comprehensive guide that includes the theory and practice of global supply chain management, International Logistics: Global Supply Chain Management uses current, real-world issues to make the material as relevant as possible, notwithstanding the fast-paced nature of this industry. Yet, the author also includes the theory and history of global supply chain management to provide a deeper understanding of the intricacies involved. International Logistics: Global Supply Chain Management is distinct in the following ways: A balanced approach between theoretical research and real-world practice, Cutting-edge, original graphics help explain concepts better than any current book, Instructor's Manual provided by the author upon request. Combined with pedagogical features and real-world case studies, International Logistics: Global Supply Chain Management is a must-have textbook for students of logistics, transportation, and supply chain management students, as well as a reference for international managers.
InhaltsverzeichnisList of Illustrations. Foreword; Peter Tirschwell. Preface. Acknowledgments.
Section I: Global Operations Management.
1. Introduction to International Logistics. What Is Logistics? What Is the Goal of Logistics? Regional Logistics Assessment. The Role of Transportation. A Brief History of Transportation and Logistics.
2. Global Sourcing and Trade. Global Sourcing. Terms of Sale and Incoterms. International Political Economy. Why Nations Trade. International Trade Patterns.
3. Global Supply Chain Management. The Supply Chain Concept. Efficiency in a Supply Chain. Channel Relationships. Managing the Supply Chain. Marketing Channels.
4. Strategic Planning. The Planning Process. ISO9000. Financial Issues.Location Theory and Network Design. Material Requirements Planning. Forecasting. Benchmarking. Reverse Logistics.
Section II: Global Freight Transportation Management.
5. Transportation Planning. Traffic Management. Trade and Equipment Balance. Mode Selection and Carrier Management. Transportation Regulation. Transportation Economics. Packaging.
6. Intermodalism and Land Transport. What Is Intermodalism? Intermodal Equipment. Managing Intermodal Transport. Roadway Transport. Railroad Transport. Inland Shipping. Pipelines.
7. Maritime Shipping. Ships and Shipping Equipment. Shipping Company Operations. Maritime Economics. Shipping Regulation. Managing Ocean Carriers.
8. Air Transportation. Air Transportation. Airplanes and Aviation Equipment. Air Cargo Operations. Aviation Economics. Aviation Regulation. Managing Air Carriers. Case Study: The Environmental and Economic Impact of an Air Cargo Airport; Eric Bernhardt.
9. Ports and Facilities. Port and Facility Functions. Ocean Ports. Air Ports. Warehousing. Free Trade Zones.
Section III: Import/Export Operations.
10. Customs and Regulations. Customs and Regulations. Export/Import Clearance. Managing the Customs Function. U.S. Customs Service Judgment: The Elephant Jock Strap.
11. Trade Documentation. The Role of Documentation. The Legal Status of Documents. Contracts. The Documentation Flow. Bills of Lading and Waybills. Insurance and Liability.
12. Trade Finance. The Environment of International Trade Finance. The Letter of Credit Transaction Process. Letters of Credit. Currency Issues. Insurance. Case Study: Supporting a Floating City.
13. Security. Corruption. Dangerous Goods. Security. Smuggling. Case Study: Armenia's Gateway to the World: The Geopolitical Significance of the Port of Poti; Jeff Engels.
Section IV: Logistics Management.
14. Intermediaries and Alliances. The Role of Intermediaries. Types of Intermediaries. Managing Alliances and Subcontractors.
15. Inventory Management. Inventory Types and Characteristics. Principles of Inventory Management. Inventory Economics. Inventory Control Methods. Case Study: If Only Horses Had Wings; Elizabeth Kaye McCall.
16. Information Systems. The Nature of Information and Information Systems. Information Systems and the Firm. Logistics Information Systems. Measurement of Business Processes. Case Study: Competitive Intelligence and International Logistics; Craig Weicker.
17. Public Logistics. Public and Private Infrastructure. Military Logistics. Postal Service. The International Trade in Toxic Waste. The Logistics of Humanitarian Relief. Selected Bibliography. Name Index. Subject Index.
Untertitel: 2003. Auflage. Book. Sprache: Englisch.
Erscheinungsdatum: August 2003
Seitenanzahl: 460 Seiten