Bisher € 35,35
BeschreibungThe authors discuss risk factors for self-harm, including depression, substance abuse and antisocial behaviour, and critically examine key screening instruments that can be used to assess risk. They describe how suicidal behaviour can be managed and prevented, and look at the effectiveness of aftercare treatment for those who self-harm.
2. The prevalence of suicidal behaviour in adolescence.
3. Risk factors for adolescent suicidal behaviour.
4. Identifying at-risk adolescents.
5. Services for adolescents.
6. The outcome of suicidal behaviour in adolescence.
7. Managing adolescent suicidal behaviour.
8. Preventing adolescent suicidal behaviour
9. Future prospects. Resources. Appendix. References. Indexes. About FOCUS.
PortraitClaudine Fox is a Research Fellow at the Centre for Primary Health Care Studies, University of Warwick. Her other research interests include childhood onset eating problems and children's knowledge and understanding of mental as well as physical illness. Keith Hawton is Professor of Psychiatry and Director of the Centre for Suicide Research at Oxford University. He is co-editor of the International Handbook of Suicide and Attempted Suicide and has been presented with awards from the International Association for Suicide Prevention (1995), the American Association of Suicidology (2001), and the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (2002).
Untertitel: Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: JESSICA KINGSLEY PUBL INC
Erscheinungsdatum: Juni 2004
Seitenanzahl: 144 Seiten