BeschreibungBACKGROUND Polysiloxanes have chains constructed of alternately arranged silicon and oxygen atoms with organic groups attached to the silicon atoms. This structure gives them a unique combination of properties that hold great interest for a host of practical applications. Although they have been known and manufactured for many years, their applications continue to expand rapidly and this boosts progress in the generation of new and modified polysiloxanes. Polysiloxanes constitute the oldf'"' known class of silicon-based polymers and the broadest one when viewed in terms of the variety of structures differing in topology and the constitution of organic substituents. There are also many and various types of siloxane copolymers, some of purely siloxane structure and others of siloxane-organic composition. There is no doubt that polysiloxanes are the most technologically important silicon-based polymers. The broad class of model materials known as silicones is based on polysiloxanes. They are also the best known, as most research in the area of silicon polymers has for many years been directed towards the synthesis of new polysiloxanes, to understanding their properties and to extending their applications.
InhaltsverzeichnisList of Contributors. Preface.
Section 1: Polysiloxanes: J. Chojnowski.
1. Synthesis of Linear Polysiloxanes; J. Chojnowski, M. Cypryk.
2. Organosiloxane Block and Graft Copolymers; G. Belorgey, G. Sauvet.
3. Side Group Modified Polysiloxanes; B. Boutevin, et al.
4. Silicone Copolymer Networks and Interpenetrating Polymer Networks; M. Mazurek.
5. Preparation and Properties of Silicone Elastomers; S.J. Clarson.
6. Polysilsesquioxanes; R.H. Baney, X. Cao.
7. Thermal Properties of Polysiloxanes; P.R. Dvornic.
8. Surface Properties and Applications; M.J. Owen.
9. Polysiloxanes: Direction of Applications and Perspectives; D. Graiver, G. Fearon.
Section 2: Polycarbosilanes and Polysilazanes: R.G. Jones.
10. Polycarbosilanes; L.V. Interrante, Q. Shen.
11. Polysilazanes; A. Soum.
Section 3: Polysilanes and Related Polymers: R.G. Jones.
12. Synthesis of Polysilanes by the Wurtz Reductive-Coupling Reaction; R.G. Jones, S.J. Holder.
13. Synthesis of Polysilanes by New Procedures: Part 1 Ring-Opening Polymerisations and the Polymerisation of Masked Disilenes; H. Sakurai, M. Yoshida.
14. Synthesis of Polysilanes by New Procedure: Part 2 Catalytic Dehydro-Polymerisation of Hydrosilanes; G.M. Gray, J.Y. Corey.
15. Modification and Functionalisation of Polysilanes; M.J. Went, et al.
16. Hydrosilylation and Silylation in Organosilicon Polymer Synthesis; M. Tanaka, Y. Hatanaka.
17. Sigma- and Pi-Conjugated Organosilicon Polymers; S. Yamaguchi, K. Tamao.
18. Electronic Structure and Spectroscopy of Polysilanes; J. Michl, R. West.
19. Electronic and Optical Properties in Device Applications of Polysilanes; N. Matsumoto, et al.
20. Thermal Properties and Phase Behaviour of Polysilanes; S. Demoustier-Champagne, J. Devaux.
Section 4: Special Topics: W. Ando.
21. Silicon-Containing Vinyl Monomers and Polymers; Y. Nagasaki.
22. Liquid Crystalline Silicon-Containing Polymers; D. Teyssié, S. Boileau.
23. Organosilicon Dendrimers: Molecules with Many Possibilities; S.W. Krska, et al.
24. Optically Active Silicon-Containing Polymers; M. Fujiki, J.R. Koe.
25. Organosilicate Oligomers and Nanostructured Materials; R.J.P. Corriu, W.E. Douglas.
26. Preceramic Polymer &endash; Derived Silicon Oxycarbides; G.A. Zank.
27. Plasma Processing of Silicon-Containing Monomers; F. Schué, A. Mas.
28. Microlithographic Applications of Organosilicon Polymers; E. Reichmanis, et al. Index.
Pressestimmen`This book is a first class example of its type. It presents a massive amount of information in a very well organized way and will certainly stimulate yet more studies in its already intensively worked field. At today's prices it represents good value, and can be warmly recommended.'
Applied Organometallic Chemistry, 15(2001)
Untertitel: The Science and Technology of Their Synthesis and Applications. Softcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2000. Book. Sprache: Englisch.
Erscheinungsdatum: November 2001
Seitenanzahl: 792 Seiten