BeschreibungA thorough, up-to-date examination of the science and practical application of superabsorbent polymers.
Modern Superabsorbent Polymer Technology takes a comprehensive look at the structure, properties, and uses of superabsorbent polymers. Prepared by editors with over 20 years of experience in the field, it offers a unified approach to polymer science technologies and examines the key interrelationships between structure, properties, behavior, and applications.
This book draws on the best and most relevant scientific papers from academia and industry, as well as numerous patents and patent applications. The result is a compact, centralized source of information on superabsorbent polymers that no polymer or chemical engineer will want to be without.
Discusses synthetic chemistry and the effects of synthesis on the structure of superabsorbent polymers
* Describes and compares industrial practices of the major manufacturers of superabsorbent polymers
* Features analytical methods for evaluation of the properties and behavior of superabsorbent polymers
* Explores structural and property relationships of crosslinked super-absorbent polymers
* Surveys new superabsorbent polymer forms and types-including fibers, foams, and biodegradable superabsorbents
* Covers current and emerging applications in personal care products, horticulture, construction, and other areas.
InhaltsverzeichnisAbsorbency and Superabsorbency (F. Buchholz).
Chemistry of Superabsorbent Polyacrylates (T. Staples, et al.).
Commercial Processes for the Manufacture of Superabsorbent Polymers (A. Graham & L. Wilson).
Analysis and Characterization of Superabsorbent Polymers (S. Cutié, et al.).
The Structure and Properties of Superabsorbent Polyacrylates (F. Buchholz).
Other Superabsorbent Polymer Forms and Types (D. Allan).
Applications of Superabsorbent Polymers (F. Buchholz).
PortraitFredric L. Buchholz is Research Associate with The Dow Chemical Company in Midland, Michigan.
Andrew T. Graham is Research Leader at The Dow Chemical Company.
Untertitel: New. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: JOHN WILEY & SONS INC
Erscheinungsdatum: Dezember 1997
Seitenanzahl: 304 Seiten