Man-Made and Natural Radioactivity in Environmental Pollution and Radiochronology
Lieferbar innert 2 Wochen
BeschreibungThe basic goal of this book is to examine the complex state of radioactivity in the environment, including its sources and applications. In principle, there are two sources of environmental radioactivity, namely man-made and natural. The authors of this book set out to analyze mainly empirical aspects of the activities of both groups. On one hand, a detailed analysis of the sources releasing radionuclides into the environment by human activities should, while describing environmental pollution and its dangers, contribute to its decrease in the future. On the other hand, the analyses of natural radionuclides, as well as their influences and use in different fields, serve to complete an evaluation of the present state of environmental radioactivity. All auxiliary parts (e.g., principles of radionuclide analyses) are included to the extent necessary for understanding the basic themes.
Inhaltsverzeichnis1: Basic terms of radioactivity; R. Tykva.
1. Development of our knowledge.
3. Characterization of radionuclides.
4. Activity expressions.
5. Doses. 2: Radionuclides in the environment; D. Berg. 1. Naturally occurring radionuclides in the environment. 2. Artificially produced radionuclides. 3. Behaviour of radioactive substances in the environment. 3: Radionuclides released into the environment; D. Berg. 1. Contamination of the environment by naturally occurring radionuclides. 2. Contamination by artificially produced radionuclides. 4: Application of environmental radionuclides in radiochronology; J. Kosler, J. Silar, E. Jelínek. 1. General concept of the radiochronology; J. Silar. 2. Radiocarbon; J. Silar. 3. Tritium; J. Silar. 4. Radiocarbon and tritium dating in science and technology; J. Silar. 5. Other radionuclides dating methods; J. Silar.
6. K - Ar and Ar - Ar dating methods; E. Jelínek.
7. Rb - Sr dating method; E. Jelínek.
8. Sm - Nd method; J. Kosler.
9. U - Th - Pb dating; J. Kosler.
10. Re - Os dating method; E. Jelínek, J. Kosler.
11. Lu - Hf dating method; E. Jelínek. 5: Radionuclide analyses; R. Tykva, J. Kosler. 1. Activity measurements; R. Tykva. 2. Analytical techniques in radiogenic dating; J. KoSler. References. Abbreviations. Index.
Untertitel: 2004. Auflage. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: SPRINGER VERLAG GMBH
Erscheinungsdatum: Januar 2004
Seitenanzahl: 416 Seiten