Beschreibung- Huge interest in Arts & Crafts Movement
- Accompanies major blockbuster exhibition
- Includes key works by leading proponents, such as Charles Rennie Mackintosh, William Morris, Josef Hoffmann, Gustav Stickley, Frank Lloyd Wright, and many others.
- Strong appeal to interior design and collectors market--original pieces sell at very high prices, and reproductions are immensely popular.
- Innovative global approach
- Includes previously unpublished objects and new photography from private collections.
PortraitKaren Livingstone is a Research Fellow at the V&A and was a key member of the team responsible for the redesign of the acclaimed British Galleries. She contributed to Design and the Decorative Arts: Britain 1500-1900 (V&A, 2001). Linda Parry is a world expert on William Morris. She curated the highly successful V&A exhibition on William Morris in 1995 and edited the accompanying catalogue. She has contributed to a number of publications including Art Nouveau 1890-1910 (V&A, 2000) and Design and the Decorative Arts: Britain 1500-1900 (V&A, 2001). She is the Deputy Keeper of the Furniture, Textiles & Fashion Department at the V&A.
Untertitel: Empfohlen von 13 bis 22 Jahren. Sprache: Englisch.
Verlag: HARRY N ABRAMS INC
Erscheinungsdatum: März 2005
Seitenanzahl: 367 Seiten